Linux DevOps Engineer
17 sep. 2019 | Amsterdam
In this exciting role, you will play a pivotal role in our organisation - interacting with the software, IT, Security and Network Engineers, you will be responsible for deploying and configuring in-house/third-party developed software applications, supporting agile software development practices - including continuous deployment and providing operational support to live applications. You will work with developers to support a seamless process between development and daily operations to embed an effective DevOps capability and automate efficient working practices where possible.
This is a full time and permanent role. However, please note that if the role is offered in the Netherlands then it will be offered as a 1 year definite contract with the possibility of an indefinite contract thereafter.
What experience and skills are needed for success?
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who enjoys working in an open and collaborative manner and has a positive, solutions focused approach. You will also need the following experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Linux
- In-depth knowledge of common Linux deployed services, such as email, web (apache, nginx), authentication
- CentOS (or RHEL) OS, deployment and management experience, including experience with either RedHat Satellite or equivalent.
- Scripting - Bash and Python (or other scripting language). Knowledge of other languages like Ruby or Go is a plus.
- Server monitoring systems, especially NagiosXI (but others OK as well)
- Database administration - one or more of MySQL (MariaDB), PostgreSQL, Galera
- VM deployment, esp. to VMware (terraform/packer knowledge a plus)
- Load balancing (HAProxy)
- Bamboo and Jenkins Continuous Integration experience
- Puppet configuration management (knowledge of Chef and Ansible is a plus)
- Linux network troubleshooting and management
- Version control systems, especially Git
- Project work related to in-house technologies
- Experienced Linux BAU support - 1st, 2nd and 3rd line
Why work for GÉANT?
We offer a blazing-fast, cutting-edge network that connects scientists, researchers and academics across Europe and the world. Thanks to our terabit network, 50 million researchers, scientists, academics and students can share record volumes of data unconstrained by location, solving some of mankind’s biggest challenges. Work at GÉANT and you’ll be supporting critical research into sustainable energy, deep space, high-energy physics, earth observation, environmental disasters, medicine and more!
Benefits of working for GÉANT
You’ll receive excellent benefits at GÉANT – we offer a generous holiday allowance and a 5% end of year bonus/allowance as standard. We also invest in learning to help our people become the best at what they do.
Where services allow, we offer flexible working (around core business hours) and the opportunity to work from home on an occasional basis.
The other benefits you receive will depend on the country you are employed in, but you can rest assured that these will include an appropriate pension scheme and medical insurance.
Solliciteren op deze functie