equensWorldline is one of the leading and most innovative payment service providers in Europe. As experts in financial processing and software licensing we provide services to fulfill all needs of the dynamic European payments market. Besides traditional payment services our platforms are also geared for mobile payments, instant payments, e-payments, e-mandates and e-identity transactions. Each year we process billions of payments, point-of-sale and ATM transactions per year. Obviously, all those transactions must be processed seamlessly, securely and efficiently. And that’s what we do.
Being a central pillar of the Worldline Group, it’s our ambition to support our clients in keeping up with the rapidly shifting needs and increasing demands of their customers. A challenging job, as the European payments market – and therefore also our organization – is subject to continuous change. equensWorldline is a truly European company with office locations in multiple countries and a broad, international client base in numerous countries across Europe. We are part of the wider Atos Group.
The work environment
Operations delivers Payments, Cards, Ecommerce and supporting services to the client from a continuous improving and client focused organization regarding all clients, countries and services leading to reliable and compliant services that meet the clients expectations. As System Manager you are located in the team OPS TE Open systems RUN (NL country). As we will re-insource Payment 2.0 we will need resources taking care for daily business operations, like patching, securing and hardening, Performance, Tuning and ticketing.
What will be your job?
As an Open System Administrator you will be, in technical or functional sense, responsible for managing and maintaining our server landscape, the team is responsible for.
Your work includes the following topics:
- Problem analysis and Problem Solving
- Working on request managed by our Ticketing system
- Ensure reliable and stable production environments
- Resource and Capacity planning
- Collaboration with different departments such as Application Support, Storage, Network and Business Units
- Support test- and development teams;
- Develop specific procedures and process and follow this rules
- Patching and hardening our environment
- Work on achieving different kind of audits like for example PCI
What do you have to offer?
Having strong analytical skills is a prerequisite for this position. You will also need to be able to deal with pressure and stress while maintaining your ability to work in a structured manner. Your communication to customers and colleagues should always be professional but with the confidence to say “no” when appropriate. You will also participate in projects on behalf of the department and in this role be the main representative and point of contact for the team. Also your negotiation skills will be asked, because we need to agree on procedures followed simultaneously by BU, Networking, Storage and so on.
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Bachelor or University degree or at least 3 years of practical experience
- Worked for at least 3 Years with Linux servers in a professional environment, RedHad preferable
- Excellent UNIX knowledge, familiar with CentOS/RHEL
- Familiar with Windows Servers
- Safety-conscious way of working
- Familiar with one or more Virtualization Solutions
- Good communication skills with the ability to provide a coherent explanation at different levels;
- Full proficiency of the English language is a must; Dutch knowledge most welcome
- Ability to work accurately and independently and with customer focus;
- Cooperative team player;
- Good Skills for Scripting
- Aware about ITIL procedure or willing to learn.
What do we offer in return?
Depending on education and experience, your gross annual salary (including thirteenth month and holiday allowance) will be between € 46.100,- and € 63.600,-.
Next to that we offer excellent secondary benefits such as an annual performance allowance, a nearly premium free pension and an interesting, challenging and international work environment. Furthermore, there is room for professional and personal development and a good work-life balance. This is a full-time job of 36 hours a week. Working hours are determined after consultation with the manager.
Participation in 24x7 standby is expected.
Further information and application
For further information about the position, please contact Gerwin Lienert, Team Manager Phone: +49 151 1145 3746 (email@example.com). For information on the procedure please contact
Carolien Polman, Recruiter, Phone: +31 88 385 5801.
Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Permit (Orientation Year Visa not included) in order to proceed for this position.
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure. A Pre employment screening is obligated.
Acquisition is not appreciated!