Senior Network Architect
"Consider a next step at NL-ix if you are an adventurous network architect, craving to take full responsibility for the architecture, strategic planning and capacity of a large multiservice network covering more than 116 datacenters in 15 European countries! You'll join a small dynamic organisation with high growth ambitions in the B2B market"
Senior Network Architect
Fulltime | 's-Gravenhage
Your role as a Senior Network Architect
You will be end-to-end responsible for all strategic aspects of running a multiservice network comprising fibres, waves, MPLS and IP routing products in the B2B / Wholesale market. This covers the full gamut from longer term strategic planning (taking into account technological market trends, switching products and costs) to tactical planning for creating off the shelf capacity based on information from sales and finance in order to maximise our operational success right down to defining projects for execution by our field/network operations teams. In order to do this successfully, you will work closely with the product management, operations, development, sales and finance teams to achieve a healthy balance between sometimes conflicting interests.
Making a difference
In addition to a solid proven background as network architect, you enjoy the challenge combining technology with an innate healthy business sense so that you can advise and guide the management team to achieve our ambitions.
- You have good communications skills and can hold your own in discussions with other senior team members from other disciplines;
- You are pragmatic and can separate long term objectives from short term necessities all the while ensuring that we don’t get lost in day to day problems. You transform problems into solutions with a can-do attitude;
- Analytic skills are a prerequisite, but, where necessary, you can also translate these into practical tools, reporting and processes within the organisation to enable us to make informed choices;
- You are good at prioritising your activities in a sometimes demanding environment and where necessary can influence stakeholders to achieve the best team results;
- You enjoy helping a small but rapidly growing organisation achieve the next level of professionalism by utilising existing knowledge from the team and getting other team members to buy into new ways of doing things better;
- You can manage suppliers effectively and negotiate deals that match both commercial development and architectural lifecycles;
- You are able to assist our sales team and marketing efforts as and when required by providing technical training, support for account managers during customer visits and technical blogs to tell our story.
- You are comfortable with providing input to product management and marketing based on your knowledge of our strengths and weaknesses from a technological viewpoint.
In addition your CV shows:
- Hands on in depth experience of fibre, DWDM, Ethernet, MPLS, IP, OSPF, BGP and route servers;
- Experience with capacity planning for MPLS networks;
- University level education in computer network engineering or related technical subjects;
- A good command of both English and Dutch (spoken and written).
What we can offer you.
We are a small team of approximately 30 people serving more than 600 national and international customers. As a network architect you will have a great deal of autonomy in determining how to continually evolve our network in a dynamic environment, where market trends and customer demands and the cost of inputs are rapidly changing. With good technical insight and business sense you can convert good ideas to plans and actions with minimum bureaucracy and internal friction.
Take a look at Careersatnlix.nl for more background information! Drop a Line via chat if you have any questions :)
Send your application via the apply button.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords; Network Architect vacature, Den Haag, The Hague, Zuid-Holland, ICT, IT, Telecom, ICT Architect, Netwerk Architect