Regional IT Support Analyst
This is Eastman Chemical Company
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
As a Regional IT Support Analyst you will provide user support and execute projects within EMEA. You like to act as a trouble shooter and manage all IT infrastructure. You are part of the local IT team (3) in Rotterdam, but also work in an international team environment on projects and support issues with Corporate IT, vendors and business groups.
- Provide user support.
- Assist/lead site IT infrastructure projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Service oriented.
- Be proactive in leading efforts. Demonstrate initiative.
- Good analytical skills for diagnosing, resolving, and preventing infrastructure problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment on projects and support issues with corporate IT, vendors and site business groups.
- Train end users as needed on new IT systems or procedures.
- Insure participation in site safety processes. Insure completion of department Safety activities.
- Travel (10- 20%) within EMEA.
Desk Side Support (50-70%)
- Provide excellent and friendly user support in a Windows/O365 environment. (laptop, desktop, iPhone, iPad)
- Video conferencing and telecom support as needed.
- Support electronic equipment disposal process.
Utilize and/or Develop the following Technical Skills (over time)
- Diagnose and correct network problems in a Cisco environment.
- Implement network projects as needed to accommodate site building renovations, construction, and demolition/closing.
- Manage additions/moves/changes
- Address datacenter facility and business continuity. (e.g. HVAC, Power, UPS, PBX/VoIP, etc..) as needed
- Monitor and secure datacenter environment
Server / Storage Administration:
- Manage Microsoft Windows Servers in a VMWare environment.
- Assist in the maintenance of storage infrastructure.
- Monitor and manage backups
- Manage Skype for Business environment
- Investigate and perform analysis of hardware requirements. Suggest consolidation opportunities.
- Rack mount and run cables for server hardware. Install server software (e.g. Applications). Maintain hardware/software stability.
- Manage File Server security (file/folder access) and Print Server (print queues and drivers).
- Manage disposal/retirement of obsolete assets per site disposal policy.
This is what you bring
- Education in Computer Science or Equivalent;
- Vocational+ 5-7 years of experience,
- Bachelor’s 3-5 years of experience in similar role.
- Fluent (verbal and written) in English and Dutch.
- Analytical mindset.
- Service orientated.
What we offer
It’s about growth and your long-term success. At Eastman, your career path can take many routes—each offering growth opportunities, competitive salary and benefits, and a globally growing work environment. Eastman fosters a culture of diversity steeped in teamwork and employee involvement, a place where dedicated individuals turn great ideas into materials that make a difference in everyday life. We support and encourage one another and believe that leveraging diversity in our thoughts and experiences allows us to excel in business.
For further information about this position please contact Natalie Backx (+31(0)6 54 25 45 56) or send your application via the apply button.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Regional IT Support Analyst, IT Support, IT Analyst, IT