Head of Department ICT
Description of the Position
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of natural disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 30 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,000 international staff and 9,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland is located in Amsterdam and hosts ca. 350 employees, who support MSF-OCA field projects.
MSF-Holland/MSF-OCA is looking for a motivated, experienced candidate for the position of:
Head of Department ICT (40 hours per week) / based in Amsterdam
The ICT department in MSF-Holland/MSF-OCA consists of approximately 27 people. The head of Department reports to the Director of Resources and oversees ICT in Amsterdam office as well as our OCA missions around the globe and line manages directly the Service Delivery Manager and the Project and Application coordinator.
- Formulate, drive and implements the overall ICT strategy and vision for MSF OCA;
- Line manage the employees of the ICT department and to coordinate the activities of the ICT department and ensure efficient use of the resources;
- Advise the Management Team on all ICT and Information System related projects and ambition, provide a strong advisory expertize;
- Develop a strong people management approach within the department developing career path and personal development for department resources;
- Prepare, propose, manage and coordinate implementation of strategic (ICT) projects and report to the MT on the progress;
- Co-ordinate with the OCA partner in order to leverage on potential synergies between sections on ICT;
- Ensure that the organization has appropriate, sufficient and reliable ICT systems;
- Develop strategic, tactical and operational collaboration on ICT issues with other MSF OCA sections;
- Ensure the security of the information systems and communication infrastructure;
- Safeguard the quality of content of internal training courses in the field of ICT;
- Combine all ICT support services of MSF H into one service model and service structure including field IT of the country we operate in;
- Contribute on the main movement initiatives through a strong presence in the international ICT platform of MSF;
- Lead international development such as Field IT Infrastructure standardization or the Shared IT Services implementation.
- International background in management, project management, preferably a consulting background
- Proven experience in ERP implementations
- Expertise with management, development of an ICT department
- Proven international experience in multi-cultural environments
- Team builder
- Ability to develop an ICT strategy and to deliver (can do mentality)
- Good communicator
- Positive and highly energetic
- Ability to operate in a complex international governance structure
- A position in a challenging international environment.
- A contract for three years (with an option for renewal) based on a fulltime appointment of 40 hours per week.
- Salary in scale 9 between € 4,204 and € 6,005 gross per month (Excl. 8% holiday allowance).
- Other benefits include 30 holidays and a premium free pension.
For more information about this position, please contact Sarah Bellamy - Project and Application Coordinator, Phone number +31 20 840 85 45.
Apply for this job!
If you recognize yourself in the profile, please apply directly via our online application page. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Schedule Job Interviews:
- Week of 13 Augustus 2018: 1st Job Interviews
- Week of 20 August 2018: 2nd Job Interview
An assessment may be part of the selection process. The application deadline is 5 Augustus 2018.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.